The Chronicle Report on Tuesdays game

Go down

The Chronicle Report on Tuesdays game

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:42 am

Click on it!!!

RTFC Barmy Army

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 25
Location : ENGLAND

Back to top Go down

Re: The Chronicle Report on Tuesdays game

Post  BRAMLEY on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:04 am

The following report comes from the Hook Norton site.

Hook Norton Football Club Match Report
Hook Norton 0 - 3 Reading Town
Although Reading Town deservedly won this encounter and thereby completed the double over Hooky for this season, the visitors nevertheless could perhaps feel hard done by, with some justification, by the referee’s refusal to award them what appeared to be a perfectly good goal. Indeed, if that ‘goal’ had been awarded then Hooky would have clawed themselves back to within one goal of their opponents during a phase in the match when they appeared to be gaining the upper hand.

On a frosty pitch with the home club’s ‘Barmy Army’ once again in good voice, play was fairly even for the first quarter of an hour until home forward Graham Lewis was put through, as a result of which Ben Milner was called upon to carry out a despairing tackle and give away a left wing corner. Unfortunately for Hooky this corner was poorly defended at the near post with the result that Ian Brooks was presented with a simple tap in at the far post on 15 minutes. Then, on 25 minutes, further poor defensive play by the visitors led to the ball not being cleared, allowing James Clark to fire the ball with some composure high into the roof of the net from just outside the penalty area.

Half Time: Reading Town 2 Hook Norton 0

The early part of the second half saw Hooky play with greater purpose, doubtless after a half time ‘rocket’ from Manager Karlton Stratford. During this time, Pete Moulder worked himself into an excellent scoring position but just failed to get enough on the ball to beat the home ‘keeper but shortly afterwards it seemed that Hooky had finally broken their duck when Milner’s close range shot struck the underside of the bar and, after bouncing down, appeared to strike the roof of the net behind the crossbar. The referee and his assistant were obviously not convinced and play was allowed to continue, much to the consternation of the Hooky team. Shortly afterwards, it was perhaps no surprise that Town went further ahead when Clark tapped in from a right wing cross on 65 minutes.

Full Time: Reading Town 3 Hook Norton 0

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum