Binfield v Reading Town (Reserves)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Binfield v Reading Town (Reserves)

Post  sausage than a egg on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:02 am

Any views on the team selection last night!!
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Binfield v Reading Town (Reserves)

Post  BRAMLEY on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:00 am

What has become clear is that having squad members playing on Sundays as well as Saturdays and midweek just does not work. Tough game away at Slimbridge on Saturday meant that anybody who played on Sunday was never going to be able to produce on Monday night at Binfield. Perhaps this was the reason for the team selected?
Too many league and cup games for Hellenic League teams to handle and be successful if they allow players to call the tune and think that they can also play for Sunday teams. Call a halt to it - and soon!!
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY on Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:55 am

So it's just me with an opinion to express then!!
Guess everybody must be happy with the current set up?
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:51 am

Professional sportsmen train all the time and at a level higher than a Sunday park kick around. Though I don't think Sunday football is a good idea, as this is out of the control of RTFC. Perhaps the fact that some members of the squad feel the need to play on a Sunday, shows their dedication to the sport. Sunday training, friendlies against other local Helenic league teams, in a controlled environment could be the answer. Do other teams in the league have similar problems? A cross the league pooling of resources for Sunday training can't be a bad idea, and raise the skills of players, that will not happen playing in the Sunday leagues.
Jamessupportersince2010

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-06-11

http://readingtownfansanarmyofone.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:59 am

I'm not advocating training sessions on Sundays James. I think rest days are as important as match days if players are to enjoy their sport. Two matches a week plus a training session once the season is in full flow is about right for players at this level. Playing three matches a week on a regular basis just produces too many injuries and an unsettled squad.
BRAMLEY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top