Post  sausage than a egg on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:15 pm

Any thoughts for next season!!

sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Re: What for Season 2011/2012

Post  BRAMLEY on Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:32 am

The Club certainly will not have seen this season as a template for the future. Existing squad members have the opportunity to secure consideration for next term should they wish to play at this level and higher. Team spirit needs to be re-built (again) and it will take strong characters and a few harsh words to achieve this.
At the risk of repeating myself on this subject, squad players need to be resilient and strong willed to perform over a 44 match league season and Sunday football is not an acceptable option to undertake on top of this.
Start of the season promised good things, and in hindsight that saved the Club from relegation this season.
The fans have never got on any players backs this season and will support all who wear the Town shirt.
Being aware of the younger players potential and treating them with equal respect will be key - those who have stepped up to this level have excellent attitude.
I trust and believe that 2011-12 season will be a whole lot better!

BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:46 am

BRAMLEY wrote:The Club certainly will not have seen this season as a template for the future. Existing squad members have the opportunity to secure consideration for next term should they wish to play at this level and higher. Team spirit needs to be re-built (again) and it will take strong characters and a few harsh words to achieve this.
At the risk of repeating myself on this subject, squad players need to be resilient and strong willed to perform over a 44 match league season and Sunday football is not an acceptable option to undertake on top of this.
Start of the season promised good things, and in hindsight that saved the Club from relegation this season.
The fans have never got on any players backs this season and will support all who wear the Town shirt.
Being aware of the younger players potential and treating them with equal respect will be key - those who have stepped up to this level have excellent attitude.

Don't mean to be pedantic Brammers but surely you mean a 42 match league season.

Anyway, if the club have any ambitions they will realise that the squad as a whole hasn't been good enough. RT have failed to get any kind of winning sequence together all season, and only really beaten sides below them which may just about be enough to secure their Prem league status this season.

Whoever is in charge next season will have the task of deciding which players can cut the mustard and add a number of quality players to improve as the team can't afford another season like this one. The club are better than this with steady progress season on season with the ground, it now needs to concentrate now on the playing side.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY on Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:11 am

KoshiSRFC wrote:
BRAMLEY wrote:The Club certainly will not have seen this season as a template for the future. Existing squad members have the opportunity to secure consideration for next term should they wish to play at this level and higher. Team spirit needs to be re-built (again) and it will take strong characters and a few harsh words to achieve this.

Don't mean to be pedantic Brammers but surely you mean a 42 match league season.

Anyway, if the club have any ambitions they will realise that the squad as a whole hasn't been good enough. RT have failed to get any kind of winning sequence together all season, and only really beaten sides below them which may just about be enough to secure their Prem league status this season.

Whoever is in charge next season will have the task of deciding which players can cut the mustard and add a number of quality players to improve as the team can't afford another season like this one. The club are better than this with steady progress season on season with the ground, it now needs to concentrate now on the playing side.

Well spotted Koshi - you were not asleep at the back of the class after all!

BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:19 am

BRAMLEY wrote:
KoshiSRFC wrote:

Well spotted Koshi - you were not asleep at the back of the class after all!

Just a knack i have old boy...Just as i spotted very early on in the season that RT would struggle with the team they had. Still, they should kill off any threat of relegation by beating Carterton next week.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top