Big Reading derby match

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big Reading derby match

Post  Koshi on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:21 am

Taken from the Hellenic site

Woodley Town host Reading Town in the first ever competitive meeting between the two local sides this coming Saturday when the two clubs meet in the Bluefin Insurance Brokers Challenge Cup.

For many of the Woodley players it will be a case of mixed emotions having previously been associated with Reading Town be it a manager of their Allied Counties Team in Cyril Fairchild or players such as Jamie Fairchild, Sam Cripps, Danny Isaiew, Warren Baxter and Dan Jewell.

Prior to the day's main event Under 8's teams from both clubs will play a friendly followed by leading the first teams onto the pitch. The Woodley Town squad, managed by Lee Kircher is: Daniel Kircher, Robin Featherstone, Thomas Robinson – Murray, Lewis Chapman, Mason Creech, Bailey Martin and Charlie Wheeler.
Manager Stuart Hughes has chosen the following to represent Reading Town: Brianna Boyce, Alfie Deacon-Turner, Harley Deacon-Turner, Jack Fulton, Jamie Kerhardy, George Marshall, Harry Morgan, Tranae Romeo, Usman Sajjad, Louis Schofield, Tyler Stace, Matthew Witts and Courtney Wright

Woodley Town would like to thank Edwin Smith Accountants for their support of the u8 team.

This should be a cracking game with Reading Town being the probable favourites and an opportunity to see the gulf in class in the two sides(if there is one) Koshi would have liked to have seen this event but unfortunately i'll either be washing my hair that day, or down the Whitley rec watching the mighty South Reading.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Big Reading derby match

Post  BRAMLEY on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:24 am

.[/quote]Koshi would have liked to have seen this event but unfortunately i'll either be washing my hair that day, or down the Whitley rec watching the mighty South Reading.[/quote]

Sorry that you can't make it Koshi - you must be devestated. However nor can I on this occasion as am up in sunny Wolverhampton for the weekend.
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:54 am

BRAMLEY wrote:.
Koshi would have liked to have seen this event but unfortunately i'll either be washing my hair that day, or down the Whitley rec watching the mighty South Reading.[/quote]

Sorry that you can't make it Koshi - you must be devestated. However nor can I on this occasion as am up in sunny Wolverhampton for the weekend. [/quote]

Plastic Wink

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels on Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Looking at the weather forecast you might be able to come to the match and wash your hair at the same time! :p
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:32 pm

BenOBagels wrote:Looking at the weather forecast you might be able to come to the match and wash your hair at the same time! :p

Ben Could you do a short match report? So I could put in on the website.
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:54 pm

An early goal from Jamie Piercy set the tone for a first-half which Reading Town deservedly lead 3-0 going into half-time. Had Reading Town been more clinical it could arguably have been more however with the Woodley Town keeper putting in a nervous performance and arguably gifting Reading at least one of the first-half goals.

Woodley had perhaps played below themselves in the first-half and certainly came out stronger in the second-half putting Reading under some early pressure and getting a goal back early on. Reading however were able to extend their advantage by two goals including a Luke Farrugia penalty seemingly securing a win. Woodley though were given an advantage shortly after Farrugia's penalty when Chris Rackley came out of his box to intercept a Woodley through ball and handled. With it being fairly wide out and a Reading defender covering how much of a goal scoring chance it was is debatable but the referee nevertheless produced a red card. Farrugia took over the gloves and produced a good save with his first touch after going in goal from a corner resulting from the free-kick for Rackley's handball.

Buoyed by their man advantage Woodley scored two goals in quick succession to set up a tense finale. A sixth and final Reading goal however finally sealed the win late on.

(Apologies if it's not as detailed in places as desired. I didn't think at the time to note anything particularly for future reference. Probably best just to wait for the Post and Chronicle reports :p)
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top