Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:00 am

The Reading boys play Old Woodstock tomorrow. I am looking forward to the game as always!!!!!!!!!


Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 25
Location : ENGLAND

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  sausage than a egg on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:36 am

Don't think they play at Bicester this year! Eynsham hall sports park
avatar
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01
Location : tilehurst

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  BRAMLEY on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:43 am

Please can someone confirm exactly where the match is to be played!!
If I'd known this season was gonna be this disorganised I'd have bought an Aldershot season ticket!!
avatar
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  sausage than a egg on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 am

It's bad! Old Woodstock fc website states Bicester the league says eynsham,[****] said to me at Warminster it was at eynsham!
avatar
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01
Location : tilehurst

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:18 am

I am going to find out where it is being played by tomorrow morning.
avatar
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 25
Location : ENGLAND

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  BenOBagels on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:48 am

Given that Old Woodstock's website doesn't look like it's been updated since last season, I'd say that the league website is probably right.
avatar
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26
Age : 26
Location : The Railway End

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:52 pm

It's Eynsham as it says on the Hellenic League website, also on the fixtures as well where it says they are playing at Eynsham, also our club secretary said it at Warminster plus got a response on Hellenic League Chat and their secretary said its being played at Eynsham. Ground situated on the A4095 Witney to Woodstock road, some 3 miles East of Witney. The entrance is 300 yards east of the main Eynsham Hall Park entrance. Eynsham Hall Park, North Leigh, OX29 6PN

avatar
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 25
Location : ENGLAND

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:34 am

I will fill you in on match report after the match video is completed, but to give you and indication of what the game was like the Reading boys hit the bar 5 times and the post once!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 25
Location : ENGLAND

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  Koshi on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:49 am

Good result although it does sound like Reading need to sort out the defence as Old Woody wont be the hardest team to beat this season, but 3 points are 3 points i suppose.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  BRAMLEY on Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:06 am

Koshi wrote:Good result although it does sound like Reading need to sort out the defence as Old Woody wont be the hardest team to beat this season, but 3 points are 3 points i suppose.

Snore off Koshi - watch the video tomorrow from the comfort of your armchair - again!!
Reading could well have been out of sight by half time but went in at 1-1.
Pegged back to 3-3 with 20 minutes to go but were resilient enough to go win it again with a further 2 goals.
Too early in the season to reach any firm conclusions at all. Suffice to say that they entertain, and play with spirit. Non league footie fans in Reading could do a lot worse than to come to Scours Lane on Saturday afternoon for the next episode!
avatar
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  Koshi on Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:45 pm

BRAMLEY wrote:
Koshi wrote:Good result although it does sound like Reading need to sort out the defence as Old Woody wont be the hardest team to beat this season, but 3 points are 3 points i suppose.

Snore off Koshi - watch the video tomorrow from the comfort of your armchair - again!!
Reading could well have been out of sight by half time but went in at 1-1.
Pegged back to 3-3 with 20 minutes to go but were resilient enough to go win it again with a further 2 goals.
Too early in the season to reach any firm conclusions at all. Suffice to say that they entertain, and play with spirit. Non league footie fans in Reading could do a lot worse than to come to Scours Lane on Saturday afternoon for the next episode!

Chillax Brammers... ain't nobody allowed an opinion who don't attend games, or do i take it you never comment on games you can't get to yourself? I'm not criticising nothing i'm very happy with the win which is the main thing, but conceding 3 goals whether you are at the game or not suggests the defence needs tightening up assuming RT actually had a goalkeeper last night...anyway i agree it's too early in the season to reach any firm conclusions.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:04 am

Koshi wrote:
BRAMLEY wrote:
Koshi wrote:Good result although it does sound like Reading need to sort out the defence as Old Woody wont be the hardest team to beat this season, but 3 points are 3 points i suppose.

Snore off Koshi - watch the video tomorrow from the comfort of your armchair - again!!
Reading could well have been out of sight by half time but went in at 1-1.
Pegged back to 3-3 with 20 minutes to go but were resilient enough to go win it again with a further 2 goals.
Too early in the season to reach any firm conclusions at all. Suffice to say that they entertain, and play with spirit. Non league footie fans in Reading could do a lot worse than to come to Scours Lane on Saturday afternoon for the next episode!

Chillax Brammers... ain't nobody allowed an opinion who don't attend games, or do i take it you never comment on games you can't get to yourself? I'm not criticising nothing i'm very happy with the win which is the main thing, but conceding 3 goals whether you are at the game or not suggests the defence needs tightening up assuming RT actually had a goalkeeper last night...anyway i agree it's too early in the season to reach any firm conclusions.

Koshi you don't earn the right to mouth off about the Town as you haven't seen them play!!!! It's a bit like me going onto the forum eg Witney and saying how they must of done poorly against a team and how they need to sort their defence out when I just go on what the scoreline tells me. Those 3 goals could have been unstoppable shots or controversial but you were not there so you wouldn't know would you. Stop sitting on the fence and get some balls if you want to become a real fan not a silly sofa supporter who can't be taken seriously.
avatar
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 25
Location : ENGLAND

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  BRAMLEY on Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:06 am

Thanks once again to royals26 for his observations of last night.

Old Woodstock vs Reading Town
Posted by royals26 on August 19, 2010, 4:37 pm, in reply to "Oxford v Ascot "
86.184.239.79

... also a goal-feast at NorLye with RTFC putting 5 past OWT who themselves were a shade unlucky only to get 3 in reply.

We nearly diverted off to Court Place Farm for the OCN v Ascot game but the Oxford Ring Road was behaving, so we pressed on to North Leigh - got slightly lost - try driving West on the A40 on a sunny evening at this time of year @ about 19:30 when you aren't sure of the turning - 'dazzling' or what!
Fortunately for us RTFC turned up late too....

Reading Town certainly are a force going forward - Big bad Marcus Richardson appeared impossible to shake off the ball and Seaward is a perfect complement - very very busy - Reading Town could easily have been 6 up at H/T.

However once Old Woodstock drew breath and had a real go up the slope 2nd half, they could easily have turned it around - got it back from 1-3 to 3-3 then gave away a really daft penalty :- when Marcus R. is bearing down on goal, from what I've seen of him so far this season, the one place its unlikely to end up is in the net so shepherd him, don't lunge in - which is precisely what the OWT CB did!
Once behind again, OWT threw too many forward and left themselves open to a good goal on the counter.

RTFC took a bizarre 'on field' decision to move the right back inside to help out the struggling CBs - OWTs most dangerous player had been the No 11 - scored a corking goal on his right foot when cutting inside. Needed a few old fellahs sat in the stands to 'howl' out their mistake.
Roddy S was hopping around all over the place too.
Rackley is a good keeper with v. safe handling but a bit slight of build and was given little protection from the current CB pairing.

PS Why IS it always so bleedin' damp at Eynsham Park - and the bar's too far away to walk for a half-time snifter too!

avatar
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  BRAMLEY on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:37 am

Another view from royals26 (I think he is covertly stalking the Barmy Army!!)


Hellenic Premier

Old Woodstock Town 3-5 Reading Town

Attendance : h/c 41 official : 36 -- ooh close - must've counted some 'subs' over the other side. Fair 'smattering' of away fans incl the obligatory 'barmy army' - who kept up their usual 'caterwauling' throughout - not that popular with the home fans.
Not quite sure how effective the 'you've got more stands than fans' chant is when its being sung by two or three - presumably they are trying to use irony?

Admission : £5 - my 11yr old in free - free prog - 20 pps - a bit indifferent though - some colour, incl current Boot Room Chatter insert - BUT had 2 blank pages 5 ads and out of date profiles of the visitors who've lost virtually ALL of last season's squad.

Directions: a bit tucked away - the entrance is a driveway on the left between some trees, heading west towards Witney on the A4095 from the A44 - there is a small white sign 'North Leigh FC'.
It is part of the Eynsham Hall estate - partial view of the house 'lit up' as we headed for the exits.
Possibly quicker from the south to head west along the A40 from the Oxford Ring Rd but again the required turning north is a bit tricky to spot - especially heading directly into a bright setting sun. After about 4 miles as you pass Eynsham village to the left on the A40, look for 'Freeland' signs on the right, then follow some windy lanes north until you meet the A4095 a mile or so east of the ground.

We overshot on the A40 - the sun was dangerously low at that time of day - and turned up via Barnard Gate.
Arrived at 19:44 - plenty of parking - long-ish walk to the ground past (cricket/training) pitches and clubhouse and another pitch - luckily RTFC had only turned up at 19:15 so the KO was 10 mins late.

Facilities: for a Step04 ground North Leigh's Eynsham Pk is a bit spartan. Small tea Room inside the clubhouse/dressing room complex - loos are hidden away round the back - pretty dark - looks as if there is some considerable refurbishment ongoing.
If you want a 'drink' at half time it is necessary to walk back out of the ground to the 'other' clubhouse near the entrance drive - bit far for a half time 'snifter'.
One stand with seats built up which emphasizes the slope - some more cover in front of the football clubhouse.
Had a large mobile Tea Van though doing Hot drinks, Burgers Hot Dogs etc - but no chips available - presumably do the full works on w/e games?

Match: had OCN v Ascot as reserve but this was a goal feast too. RTFC could/should have been anything like 6 up at half time - Seaward again was particularly lively - but at 1-3 down in the 2nd half OWT had a real go. They threatened to completely unravel the visitors, with some purposeful direct play through the middle and down both flanks. Rackley in the visitors goal showed some very safe handling but was vulnerable under the high ball as were the two CBs.
With the game swinging the way of OWT, Reading Town broke and the home defence conceded a needless penalty.
Marcus Richardson had been a real handful but when through on goal with the keeper to beat, he doesn't fill the viewer with much confidence that he'll score - instead of carefully marshalling him away from goal the OWT CB lunged in. Got a fifth on the break on 89' with OWT throwing everyone forward.
RTFC have plenty of goals in them but do look a bit fragile defensively. I think they'll be involved in some exciting matches this season - but I also suspect they may get 'worked out' by some of the more tactically astute opponents in this division.

Got stuck behind some 'careful' drivers on the B4074 so didn't get home 'til about 22:50.
avatar
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  Koshi on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:38 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:
Koshi wrote:
BRAMLEY wrote:
Koshi wrote:Good result although it does sound like Reading need to sort out the defence as Old Woody wont be the hardest team to beat this season, but 3 points are 3 points i suppose.

Snore off Koshi - watch the video tomorrow from the comfort of your armchair - again!!
Reading could well have been out of sight by half time but went in at 1-1.
Pegged back to 3-3 with 20 minutes to go but were resilient enough to go win it again with a further 2 goals.
Too early in the season to reach any firm conclusions at all. Suffice to say that they entertain, and play with spirit. Non league footie fans in Reading could do a lot worse than to come to Scours Lane on Saturday afternoon for the next episode!

Chillax Brammers... ain't nobody allowed an opinion who don't attend games, or do i take it you never comment on games you can't get to yourself? I'm not criticising nothing i'm very happy with the win which is the main thing, but conceding 3 goals whether you are at the game or not suggests the defence needs tightening up assuming RT actually had a goalkeeper last night...anyway i agree it's too early in the season to reach any firm conclusions.

Koshi you don't earn the right to mouth off about the Town as you haven't seen them play!!!! It's a bit like me going onto the forum eg Witney and saying how they must of done poorly against a team and how they need to sort their defence out when I just go on what the scoreline tells me. Those 3 goals could have been unstoppable shots or controversial but you were not there so you wouldn't know would you. Stop sitting on the fence and get some balls if you want to become a real fan not a silly sofa supporter who can't be taken seriously.

First of all young man i'm not mouthing off about the Town as you put it, and i certainly don't say i am more in the know about the club than people that attend the games... it's just an opinion rightly or wrongly, but Koshi could foresee RT's surrendering of the title last year without being there just by the poor sets of results that followed such a great first half of the season it was such a poor run that followed that not only did Almondsbury take the title even Shortwood took second! Anyway i'll visit RT when i can see they are in a serious chance of winning the league until then it will be visits to Cintra Park for South Reading and Whitley Tavern for the games.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 5-3 Old Woodstock Town

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum