FA Cup 2day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FA Cup 2day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:43 pm

The Reading boys play away from home in the FA Cup today against Warminster Town. As always I am looking forward to the game and cya there.
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: FA Cup 2day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Reading Fan Dan on Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:11 pm

FA Cup magic for me today in the form of the extra premliminary round tie at Stubb's Lane; Binfield v Crawley Down. This being my first in ten years without an RFC season ticket due to coaching commitments. Therefore I'm intending to hop around as many Non League grounds in Berkshire as and when I can should both the Royals and Town be away from home.

Reading Fan Dan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-02-04

http://bandwagonintown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 on Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:10 pm

See you at Warminster. First RTFC game this season for me, and it is an away game. The non benefits of a late shift!
Jamessupportersince2010

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-06-11

http://readingtownfansanarmyofone.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:14 am

The Reading boys won 2-1 with the goals coming from Danny Seaward and Adam Cashin-Murray. The two goals coming in the first half and Roddy's men created numerous opportunities in the second half but didn't hit the back of the net and this saw Warminster score late on but the Reading boys secured the win and now face Newport in the next round of the FA Cup. Also was joined by jamessupportersince2010 who enjoyed singing with the Army and found it hilarious when one of the Warminster fan claimed that my tripod was an offensive weapon and the Warminster fan just couldn't handle the banter, so was biting the bait a lot!!!!! Good and enjoyable match.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamessupportersince2010 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:25 am

Great game. One Warminster fan suggested that we were paid for the singing. Warminster, more flags than songs. Only one one Warminster flag.

Jamessupportersince2010

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2010-06-11

http://readingtownfansanarmyofone.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sausage than a egg on Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:55 am

Fair play to combesy! started singing on his own! Then joined by jamessupportersince2010! Great fun!(would it be possible to have an earthquake at Stonehenge and knock the f**kers down) then people wouldn't slow down to take pictures and make us miss the kick off!

sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  sausage than a egg on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:17 am

War of the Worlds-Combesy "The Tripods are coming"

Good game! RT worthy winners for me!
sausage than a egg

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:25 pm

Thanks to royals26 for this view of the proceedings:-

FA CUP Extra-Preliminary

Weymouth Street

Warminster Town 1-2 Reading Town
... [Wessex One] ........ [Hellenic Premier]

Admission: £5.00 + £1.00 prog - not bad 32 pp only about 8 ads - plenty of up to date detail. Enquired about badges which several officials were sporting but they had sold out!

Attendance : 159 (incl 'Little Drummer Boy' and 1 other 'barmy Army' member- weren't quite as vociferous as usual) - few more than my first h/c of 90 odd but I suspect there were a few late-comers and folk skulking in the bar behind me.

Directions: pretty straightforward - head for the roundabout N of the town where the A350 meets the A36 - turn down the B3414 to the Town Centre.
Is approx 25 miles south down the A350 from M4 jn 17.
Once in the High Street look right for a small 'All Routes' sign which is the bottom of Weymouth Street. If you get to Station Rd on the left you've gone too far.
Follow Weymouth St past Morrisons on the right and on up the hill - plenty of parking on this road on the left - ground is clearly visible at the top on the left. Good views down over the town and across to Battlesbury Hill.

Facilities: large bar - Sky Sports - Tea Bar outside did Hot/Cold Drinks - Rolls and Sausage & Chips. A few seats under some cover in front of the Bar - but the barrier here is at just the wrong height for an 11 yr old so my daughter either had to perch on her seat or slump to watch the action.
One other small piece of cover down in the corner.

Match: RTFC should have won at a canter so superior were they on the ball - ex-pro Marcus Richardson, acquired from Windsor, was too big and strong for the home defence.
He came off at 2-0 up but then - after a nasty injury and lengthy delay to the Reading LB - mercifully he walked off and an ambulance was not needed - not sure what he injured maybe ribs or back - Warminster got back into the game. RTFC keeper was in good form - and unfortunately the difference between the sides was further emphasised by the lack of quality in the home forward line. They missed two or three sitters only scoring in almost the last minute with a goal out of character. A 'van Basten-like' volley on the far post following a high corner.

I'm intrigued by the potential of the next Round of the FA Cup for RTFC - they are scheduled to play at home vs Newport (IOW) on the 28th Aug BUT that is the weekend of the Reading Rock/Pop-whatever Festival - and the whole Scours Lane area is usually reserved as a Festival Staff Car-Park/Catering/Camping facility.
I'm somewhat hoping beyond hope that the tie gets switched - since I am on holiday.....

..... on the Isle of Wight that w/e!!

...journeyed home cross country via Bratton/Devizes/Marlborough/Hungerford jn 14 - home by 18:45
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAMLEY on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:59 am

Any news as to where the FA Cup match v Newport (IOW) is to be switched to?
Will it be on the Island or still somewhere local to Reading?
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:42 am

The Reading Evening Post say that tie is being switched but it doesn't say where. I am really hoping somewhere can be sorted out eg being played at Ascot, Binfield, Hungerford as it would be a great shame to play away at Newport.

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/goalpost/s/2076568_seaward_double_on_road_to_wembley

Reading Evening Post wrote:They will now face Isle of Wight side Newport on Saturday week, August 28 – but the preliminary round tie is being switched as Scours Lane is not available that day due to the Reading Festival.
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels on Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:12 am

Mad Stad's free that day!
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26