Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  Koshi on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:18 pm

A fairly tough game on the cards on Tuesday as Reading Town host Flackwell Heath who have lost their last two games, but are a good side on their day...RT need a win here big time to keep the ever decreasing lead at the top reducing any more!

Other important games include :

Wantage v Shortwood probably a draw or even a Wantage win would be the best for Reading.

Malmesbury Vic v Almonds A game the Almonds will be expecting to win against a lowly team although Malmesbury did manage to scrap out a 1-0 win against basement club Hook Norton on Saturday just hoping the Almonds forget to bring their goal keeper.

PS Koshi wont be at the game (surprise surprise) will be sinking several cans of Stella whilst washing my hair no doubt!!!!!


Last edited by Koshi on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  Reading Fan Dan on Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:22 am

Unfortunately I also won't be at the Lane tonight. Three points tonight is an absolute must and I'm sure the lads are fired up for it after being frustrated on Saturday. Let's hope Town can smash a few in and a few other results go our way. C'mon Town!

Reading Fan Dan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-02-04
Location : Scours Lane 20/02/10

http://bandwagonintown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  Koshi on Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:01 am

Well as Porky Pig would say "that's all folks". If RT can't win a home game when they needed it most... what fkin chance will they have now of winning the league? Almondsbury despatch Malmesbury as they now sit level on points and only RT's dominant early season goalfests have them still on top albeit playing three games more. RT are now relying on some big f uck ups by Almondsbury.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  BenOBagels on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:10 am

Rather more importantly, best wishes to the Flackwell player who suffered a nasty injury.

Suspected double fracture of his leg according to their website.
avatar
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26
Age : 27
Location : The Railway End

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:13 am

I think it's unfair for to post such an abusive post considering you have never seen a match and were not there tonight. Still a lot to play for with the Town being in a final of the Berks & Bucks and in other competitions as well. The League is not over yet anything can happen, footbal is a funny old game. The Barmy Army will sing and the support the team no matter what and are there to encourage the lads. Just have to look forward to the next games and get behind the Reading boys!!!

Flackwell had the better of the chances in the first half and they went ahead in about the 25th minute when the ball shaved the post and the someone pounced on the lose ball and it was fired into the back of the net. Chris Grace produced a superb save to deny Flackwell 2nd goal when he dived to his left. The Town had limited chances and most of them were crosses which saw the keeper drop it on several occassions. Second Half saw one of the Flackwell Heath players sent off (not sure if it was second bookable offence.) The game was abandoned due to a serious leg injury to a Flackwell Heath player and he was taken to hospital. Michael Buck was given a straight red for the challenge but it didn't look to me as a delibrite attack and simply was going for the ball. Did take a while for hime to be taken off the pitch which saw the ref deciding wheather or not to abandone it. In the end the game was abondoned. Just like to wish the player who was badly injured tonight a successful recovery and I hope it's not as bad as first thought.
avatar
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 25
Location : ENGLAND

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  BRAMLEY on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:40 am

Well said John, after all Koshi cannot even be considered as a part time supporter of RTFC as he has not been at all this season. The Town will get the full support of the Barmy Army as certainly they have over achieved and have plenty to play for including a confirmed Cup Final appointment.
Never write this squad off as there is grit and resilience in abundance.
"C'mon you Reds!"
Trust that the Flackwell Heath player recovers well from his injury tonight.
avatar
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  Koshi on Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:02 pm

Johnny boy, the very fact i've never yet been to watch RT before, and yet feel let down and more pished off than half of the 'happy clappy crew' on here says more about my passion for a team i want to be successful, imagine how more pist i would be if and when i ever become hooked??? Anyway, regardless if i'm at the game or not is irrelavent to the fact that RT have now only picked up 3 points from the last 12.

At this stage of the season playing like Brazil means jack if there are no points at the end of it. I just can't get over the fact, RT have thrown away what 15/16 point lead at one time when the onus was on Almondsbury winning about 5 games in hand.

It now seems clutching at straws time but after the Almonds play Old Woody they then have some hard games against the likes of Wantage and Shortwood and then a couple of games against RT, although even if the Almonds do manage to lose some games there is no guarantee RT will win theirs on current form and Almonds can now afford to lose atleast 2 more games and still be champions.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Koshi wrote:Johnny boy, the very fact i've never yet been to watch RT before, and yet feel let down and more pished off than half of the 'happy clappy crew' on here says more about my passion for a team i want to be successful, imagine how more pist i would be if and when i ever become hooked??? Anyway, regardless if i'm at the game or not is irrelavent to the fact that RT have now only picked up 3 points from the last 12.

At this stage of the season playing like Brazil means jack if there are no points at the end of it. I just can't get over the fact, RT have thrown away what 15/16 point lead at one time when the onus was on Almondsbury winning about 5 games in hand.

It now seems clutching at straws time but after the Almonds play Old Woody they then have some hard games against the likes of Wantage and Shortwood and then a couple of games against RT, although even if the Almonds do manage to lose some games there is no guarantee RT will win theirs on current form and Almonds can now afford to lose atleast 2 more games and still be champions.

Being at the games is important as then you can be called a fan and not a armchair fans who looks up the results and the has a massive go when the Town don't win. You haven't watched the game and don't know what's happened, so not the best person to ask for a match report!!! To be honest I don't think you have had any innetention of coming to Scours Lane.....and then come up with poor excuses to say why it was so imposible for you to get to Scours Lane, well I got there alright so seems silly that you couldn't make it.

I see you mention the 15/16 points lead at one time, I don't live in the past and I just focus on the next game. Like I said in my ealier post the Town are still in several Cups and in a final of one them so a lot to look forward to and all we can do as fans is get behind the lads and support them no matter what. Also the League is not over yet and anything can happen, we will have to wait and see what happens.
avatar
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26
Age : 25
Location : ENGLAND

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  BenOBagels on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:55 pm

Koshi wrote:...says more about my passion...

"Didn't go to the game in the end as the weather was looking ominous and just a bad feeling about the result beforehand" says more about your passion imo.

The fifteen/sixteen point lead that's been "thrown away" has for much of the season not been truly representative of the gaps between us and Almondsbury due to Almonds having had games in hand for much of the season.

Yes it's disappointing to be losing the lead, yes the last few matches have been disappointing but if given the chance in August to be joint top at the end of March and in with a chance of winning three cup competitions, I think most would have taken it.
avatar
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26
Age : 27
Location : The Railway End

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  Koshi on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:59 am

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:
Koshi wrote:Johnny boy, the very fact i've never yet been to watch RT before, and yet feel let down and more pished off than half of the 'happy clappy crew' on here says more about my passion for a team i want to be successful, imagine how more pist i would be if and when i ever become hooked??? Anyway, regardless if i'm at the game or not is irrelavent to the fact that RT have now only picked up 3 points from the last 12.

At this stage of the season playing like Brazil means jack if there are no points at the end of it. I just can't get over the fact, RT have thrown away what 15/16 point lead at one time when the onus was on Almondsbury winning about 5 games in hand.

It now seems clutching at straws time but after the Almonds play Old Woody they then have some hard games against the likes of Wantage and Shortwood and then a couple of games against RT, although even if the Almonds do manage to lose some games there is no guarantee RT will win theirs on current form and Almonds can now afford to lose atleast 2 more games and still be champions.

Being at the games is important as then you can be called a fan and not a armchair fans who looks up the results and the has a massive go when the Town don't win. You haven't watched the game and don't know what's happened, so not the best person to ask for a match report!!! To be honest I don't think you have had any innetention of coming to Scours Lane.....and then come up with poor excuses to say why it was so imposible for you to get to Scours Lane, well I got there alright so seems silly that you couldn't make it.

I see you mention the 15/16 points lead at one time, I don't live in the past and I just focus on the next game. Like I said in my ealier post the Town are still in several Cups and in a final of one them so a lot to look forward to and all we can do as fans is get behind the lads and support them no matter what. Also the League is not over yet and anything can happen, we will have to wait and see what happens.

John, you are right i wasn't at the game, but i did know what happened, Reading lost another effin game they should have won, it ended 1-0 to the away side... the performance means nothing as you only get points for sticking that round thing in the onion bag more than the opposition.

I've also had a few intentions to visit the Lane this season. some have been last minute changes through work or other commitments but a few have also been down to the bad results leading up to the intended fixture. If RT hadn't drew their previous two games i would have been to the game against Binfield 100% regardless of the ominous weather, infact i was going to bring an RFC supporter with me this was arranged about 6 weeks before. You may think i'm not a fan because i shouldn't make decisions like this and should come to as many games as i can regardless of previous results. Well, first of all i'm not a fan, more a potential fan and there is the difference. Reading Fan Dan is only on his third visit and i've heard him say the word 'Disappointed' more times than i can ever remember you saying since i've used this forum. Is it some kind of pledge that to be a true fan you can't ever criticise? perhaps you would prefer one of these RT haterz who just run Reading down even when they are on strong form....notice that when Reading Town win i'm one of the first on here to congratulate the good result?

Anyway as you say the the seasons not over and anything can happen well football is a funny old game so you never know.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  Koshi on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:24 am

BenOBagels wrote:
Koshi wrote:...says more about my passion...

"Didn't go to the game in the end as the weather was looking ominous and just a bad feeling about the result beforehand" says more about your passion imo.

The fifteen/sixteen point lead that's been "thrown away" has for much of the season not been truly representative of the gaps between us and Almondsbury due to Almonds having had games in hand for much of the season.

Yes it's disappointing to be losing the lead, yes the last few matches have been disappointing but if given the chance in August to be joint top at the end of March and in with a chance of winning three cup competitions, I think most would have taken it.

Ben, i was showing passion as an armchair supporter...i would probably be a nightmare being a regular fan of RTFC Laughing

The sixteen point ( i think) gap was a theory working on points on the board rather than games in hand..i was certainly hoping Almondsbury would fek up at some point and even though they had 5 games in hand even if they had won them all they would still be a point behind, but the table looks very much different today...instead of a sixteen point lead it's now been wiped out and, oh wait they still have three fekin games in hand Twisted Evil

Well thank phuck atleast you recognise the word 'disappointment' because i know i do and that wouldn't change my feeling even if i was giving up my day and forking out the entrance fee because after some dismal inconsistent seasons previous to this it was a perfect opportunity to progress to step 4 football for the first time in the clubs history (it still might happen of course) well even if it don't happen atleast the club have improved the facilities. By the way, winning cups are nice but i think anyone would swap all three of those cups for promotion to the Southern League.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  BRAMLEY on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:51 am

I will be the first to admit it on this thread. Koshi has baited his hook well and several of us have bitten.
He is obviously a skilled angler and with the river being close to Scours Lane he feels at home despite never being near the river bank.
He has groundbaited effectively with offerings of attending the more attractive fixtures and bringing 'football friends' with him to boost attendances and drink all the beer.
However the performance has been blighted by his obvious lack of knowledge of his prey and although at first some of us have been hooked we have wriggled free and not found our way to the landing net.
Should he decide therefore to wash his hair again and slurp Stella at home no one at RTFC should be too "disappointed".
As the "happy clappy crew" we will certainly continue to enjoy the fare on offer LOL!!
avatar
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  Reading Fan Dan on Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:45 am

Koshi wrote:Reading Fan Dan is only on his third visit and i've heard him say the word 'Disappointed' more times than i can ever remember you saying since i've used this forum.
While I really don't see the need to defend myself against Koshi-no-show's comments, I feel it neccessary to point out to the confused sole a few facts. In my 36 posts since joining the forum I have used the word dissapointed and dissapointing a whopping FOUR times! I find your efforts to make me sound like a disgruntled customer to mask the imature and ridiculous comments you have made is pathetic, I just thought I'd take the time to clarify the context in which I have used the "D-word".

On the Highworth Town defeat, Reading Fan Dan wrote:On to the match I was rather dissapointed with the standard of play of both sides, especially Town as they have promotion aspirations.
I would think that most top of the table clubs would be dissapointed with a 1-0 defeat at home to a mid-table side.

On conceeding a sloppy goal and then having a penalty claim turned down, Reading Fan Dan wrote:Town will be dissapointed to conceed a goal from a set play and must feel hard done by having had what appeared a blatant penalty, turned by.
I'd be disappointed if my Under 18s team conceeded a goal from a corner. A defending team should cope with set-pieces at all levels as they have the upper hand, and simple task of merely clearing the ball from the danger zone.

On the 1-1 draw with Binfield, Reading Fan Dan wrote:Despite the dissapointing result, I very much enjoyed my third visit to the Lane on Saturday.
Having been the far superior side and having the majority of possesion I should think that even the players were dissapointed having only earning a draw against Binfield.

On the attendance against Shrivenham wrote:I was a bit dissapointed with a crowd of 75, but its still fairly decent.
Having played infront of 93 and 89 fans the two previous Saturdays a crowd of 75 was a tad dissapointing. Perhaps if a few more had made the effort...

So Koshi, when you have actually made the effort to attend a game at the Lane then perhaps your comments, however negetive, will be taken seriously by the more commited types on here. Until that time please keep your nonsense to yourself. Ta!

Reading Fan Dan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-02-04
Location : Scours Lane 20/02/10

http://bandwagonintown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  Koshi on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Sorry Dan but i think you must be the confused sole(sic), or you have atleast misunderstood my point. Not knocking you personally was commending you infact that even though you are a newbie to Scours Lane you atleast can feel disappointed unlike some of the regulars who go who rarely ever mention the word and plod on to the next game like nothing happened. I'm not in a habit of counting certain words used in forums as a hobby, but the point i was getting at is firstly it's human nature to feel disappointed or let down and the very fact you have only used the word 'disappointed', or 'disappointing' only four times highlights my point even more that you still use the word more than the likes of John.

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  Koshi on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:49 pm

BRAMLEY wrote:I will be the first to admit it on this thread. Koshi has baited his hook well and several of us have bitten.
He is obviously a skilled angler and with the river being close to Scours Lane he feels at home despite never being near the river bank.
He has groundbaited effectively with offerings of attending the more attractive fixtures and bringing 'football friends' with him to boost attendances and drink all the beer.
However the performance has been blighted by his obvious lack of knowledge of his prey and although at first some of us have been hooked we have wriggled free and not found our way to the landing net.
Should he decide therefore to wash his hair again and slurp Stella at home no one at RTFC should be too "disappointed".
As the "happy clappy crew" we will certainly continue to enjoy the fare on offer LOL!!

Not on a fishing trip old fella, just real facts! 16 point lead evaporated and Koshi is not happy about that. Still, it's not all doom and gloom as Spurs go marching into the Semi's of the FA cup. Wink

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0 v 1 Flackwell Heath 23/03/10

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum