Calling all nobbers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Calling all nobbers

Post  Koshi on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:07 am

Was going to start this thread when RFC were in a complete mess pre Liverpool FA Cup, but what the heck....Is there anyone here who posts on the HNA forum, or knows anyone who posts there as Koshi has made several unsuccessful registrations to become a member over the last couple of years. I know you have been on there in the past John as RTFC drummer trying to mention about Reading Town but it's probably time for some more mentions in Hob Nob about Reading Towns existence. No Spamming but just a hint that when RFC are away there's always an alternative. you never know you might get HNA's most popular poster turn up here claiming he's finally got a new keyboarddddddddddddddd and he knows it makes senseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Calling all nobbers

Post  Reading Fan Dan on Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:37 am

Koshi wrote:Was going to start this thread when RFC were in a complete mess pre Liverpool FA Cup, but what the heck....Is there anyone here who posts on the HNA forum, or knows anyone who posts there as Koshi has made several unsuccessful registrations to become a member over the last couple of years. I know you have been on there in the past John as RTFC drummer trying to mention about Reading Town but it's probably time for some more mentions in Hob Nob about Reading Towns existence. No Spamming but just a hint that when RFC are away there's always an alternative. you never know you might get HNA's most popular poster turn up here claiming he's finally got a new keyboarddddddddddddddd and he knows it makes senseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Koshi, I'm an active poster on HNA and have been for years. When you are a registered user, a few more forums become available to view. This includes a general football forum for people wishing to post on other team, games and news other than those related to RFC. I have been posting updates in my very own Town thread and have had quite a few interested parties, amongst the predicatable mikey-takers. So just making you aware that their is already an RTFC presence on HNA. Perhaps if you were to PM me your registration details (username and email address) I could PM one of the moderators on there and get your account activated. I know they have a history of taking an age to respond!

Reading Fan Dan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-02-04

http://bandwagonintown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi on Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:07 am

To be honest mate i've tried registering to join with about 3 or 4 different usernames and email addresses in the past but just got used to viewing the forums for numerous years. I don't need to be a member actively but as long as people involved with RT and RFC are getting it on thats the main thing and i didn't know about this interaction you speak of, but it's nice to get the word out there....and i know how strict and pedant some of the members are over at HNA with threads being in the right sections etc. By the way i always want any Reading team doing well being Reading born and bred but i would never watch RFC whilst Madejski is the chairmen so instead would rather see the smaller teams like RT doing well.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan on Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:14 am

Koshi wrote:To be honest mate i've tried registering to join with about 3 or 4 different usernames and email addresses in the past but just got used to viewing the forums for numerous years. I don't need to be a member actively but as long as people involved with RT and RFC are getting it on thats the main thing and i didn't know about this interaction you speak of, but it's nice to get the word out there....and i know how strict and pedant some of the members are over at HNA with threads being in the right sections etc. By the way i always want any Reading team doing well being Reading born and bred but i would never watch RFC whilst Madejski is the chairmen so instead would rather see the smaller teams like RT doing well.

Ok Koshi no problem. If you'd like assitance in the future with registering on HNA just ask! Out of interest what is your beef with Mr Mad? I don't particularly love the fellow, but I do appreciate just what he has done for my club.

Reading Fan Dan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-02-04

http://bandwagonintown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:26 am

Dan, without going into great detail about the Madman, i thought he had done well for RFC up until he got RFC into the Premier League then he's been making excusses about the cost of the premier league etc etc... cutting the cloth accordingly since then and even this season not only selling most of the best players has tried to big up Rendan Bodgers as the main man and when he failed the club were in the sh1t he even was prepared to risk the club again on an even less experienced manager in Mcd but seems to have fell into a barrel full of shyte and come out smelling of roses....RFC's fortunes has nothing to do with Madejski's decision it was a cheap option otherwise McD should have got the job last summer. The guy has got as much out of RFC as RFC has got out of him. He's basically a politician so he's good on the old spin treatment whilst taxing... oops i mean charging RFC fans extortionate season ticket prices into the bargain. At the end of the day nobody cares what the Madman does whilst the club are doing well it's when they are doing cr@p that fingers start pointing what a tightar5e he is.

To bring this into the Reading Town theme Roland Ford on the otherhand makes no bold promises that he can't keep, he's not wealthy and nobody expects too much from him.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:30 pm

Madejski's never really been one to throw money at RFC unless the club's really needed it though. If he hadn't bought the club in the first place it almost certainly would've gone into receivership from there and then Christ knows where from that.

Yes, sometimes it'd be nice if he put a bit more cash in to get some players and what not, but it'd also be nice in the long-term if the club lives within it's means (as in what money it has itself, not what money it's owner has) and doesn't go the way of Leeds, Palace, Cardiff, Portmouth etc etc have.

He can be frustrating at times sure, but he's a hell of a lot better than having Risdale, Gaydamak, al-Fahim, al-Faraj, Jordan and so on.
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi on Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:09 am

Using those owners to justify Madejski is a poor example though its a bit like saying Gordon Clown is/was a better leader than Hitler,Stalin,Mugabe etc which is fine but even better to have Al Fayed and Dave Whelan.

Madejski would get more respect if he was just realistic with the fans and say there is no money there so we will go with last years reserves and not charge an arm and a leg to watch them. i got no problem with honesty however rich he is.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top