Reading Town 0-1 Ardley United 13th February

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reading Town 0-1 Ardley United 13th February

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:14 am

The Reading boys play Ardley United tomorrow at Scours Lane. Ardley United are 10th in the table and are on 36 points. In their last three games they have lost, drawn and won.

I look forward to the game and see you all there!!!

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Reading Town 0-1 Ardley United 13th February

Post  Koshi on Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:28 am

Need to win this tomorrow as the chasing pack are not giving up lightly! Koshi is counting the games down to his debuttttttttttttttttt!!!

Koshi

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:57 am

Koshi wrote:Need to win this tomorrow as the chasing pack are not giving up lightly! Koshi is counting the games down to his debuttttttttttttttttt!!!

Koshi, when are you planning on making said debut?

Good luck to the Town tomorrow. Hopefully they can record a win and with only Almondsbury having a game (away at Oxford City Nomads) the chasing pack will fall further behind. I myself am at RFC's fifth round FA Cup match against West Brom. Fingers crossed for a good weekend!

Reading Fan Dan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-02-04

http://bandwagonintown.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:34 am

Reading Fan Dan wrote:
Koshi wrote:Need to win this tomorrow as the chasing pack are not giving up lightly! Koshi is counting the games down to his debuttttttttttttttttt!!!

Koshi, when are you planning on making said debut?

Good luck to the Town tomorrow. Hopefully they can record a win and with only Almondsbury having a game (away at Oxford City Nomads) the chasing pack will fall further behind. I myself am at RFC's fifth round FA Cup match against West Brom. Fingers crossed for a good weekend!

Koshi has be promising to come to Scours Lane for a while but excuses seems to have stopped him from making the trip.
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:51 pm

TBF John there has only been two occasions where i've come anywhere near promising to come for a game

Merstham (whilst in the Combined Counties) where the end of season fixture was somehow completely cancelled and never played!

and

Almondsbury Town where the fixture was cancelled due to Almondsbury having a cup fixture instead, so not my doing i'm affraid.

My next fixture i'm planning to visit is the home game vs Binfield.. march 20th, providing RT can continue winning, although i hope the injury to G Lewis is not going to fvck them up too much.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:28 pm

Koshi wrote:TBF John there has only been two occasions where i've come anywhere near promising to come for a game

Merstham (whilst in the Combined Counties) where the end of season fixture was somehow completely cancelled and never played!

and

Almondsbury Town where the fixture was cancelled due to Almondsbury having a cup fixture instead, so not my doing i'm affraid.

My next fixture i'm planning to visit is the home game vs Binfield.. march 20th, providing RT can continue winning, although i hope the injury to G Lewis is not going to fvck them up too much.

Ok Koshi......see you on the 20th March!!
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:03 am

I will post my thoughts on the game later this evening
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:47 am

Match Video will be posted tomorrow afternoon followed with my thoughts.
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:34 am

A disappointing result today for the Town. What went wrong? On paper it looked a banker against a mid-table side. Getting back to winning ways next week is a must as the chasing pack closes in. I feel there will be a few more twist in the story of this promotion bid.

noticed the attendance wasn't brilliant today, just 58 turned up. But I suppose its going to take time for the crowds to grom. I'm still doing my best to press-gang a few others to join down the Lane next Saturday. See you all there!

Reading Fan Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:40 am

Reading Fan Dan wrote:A disappointing result today for the Town. What went wrong? On paper it looked a banker against a mid-table side. Getting back to winning ways next week is a must as the chasing pack closes in. I feel there will be a few more twist in the story of this promotion bid.

noticed the attendance wasn't brilliant today, just 58 turned up. But I suppose its going to take time for the crowds to grom. I'm still doing my best to press-gang a few others to join down the Lane next Saturday. See you all there!

The attendance of 58 is pretty normal Dan and is pretty much standard for the club for the past few seasons that i've been posting on these forums. Unfortunately even with the club being top of the table most of the season doesn't seem to have improved matters.

As for today's result i just hope the team hasn't bottled it as i see the chasing pack all won their respective games today. Anymore lost points between now and march 20th could seriously dampen my debut visit.

Meanwhile, Woodley Town march up to third as they demolish Chalfont Wasps 4-1

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:23 pm

Fairly scrappy first half but the Town had the a few good chances to take the lead. Second half the Town put the pressure on Ardley United which saw Aaron Parfitt hit the post and also other shots coming in. Ardley United were then down to 10 men after a player picked up his second yellow card. Ardley United took the lead to make it 1-0 to the visitors sometime during the second half. The Reading boys pressed to get the equalizer but Ardley held out for all three points.

PS: Like to say good to hear the PA system working and informing everyone about the raffle, also loved taking part in the raffle.
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Reading Fan Dan on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:01 pm

RTFC Barmy Army wrote:Fairly scrappy first half but the Town had the a few good chances to take the lead. Second half the Town put the pressure on Ardley United which saw Aaron Parfitt hit the post and also other shots coming in. Ardley United were then down to 10 men after a player picked up his second yellow card. Ardley United took the lead to make it 1-0 to the visitors sometime during the second half. The Reading boys pressed to get the equalizer but Ardley held out for all three points.

PS: Like to say good to hear the PA system working and informing everyone about the raffle, also loved taking part in the raffle.

A dissapointing result. We should be beating mid-table sides, especially playing against ten men! I very much hope this isn't the start of a wobble as the chasing pack have gained more ground on Town.

Is the PA system a new addition?

Reading Fan Dan

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Reading Fan Dan wrote:
RTFC Barmy Army wrote:Fairly scrappy first half but the Town had the a few good chances to take the lead. Second half the Town put the pressure on Ardley United which saw Aaron Parfitt hit the post and also other shots coming in. Ardley United were then down to 10 men after a player picked up his second yellow card. Ardley United took the lead to make it 1-0 to the visitors sometime during the second half. The Reading boys pressed to get the equalizer but Ardley held out for all three points.

A dissapointing result. We should be beating mid-table sides, especially playing against ten men! I very much hope this isn't the start of a wobble as the chasing pack have gained more ground on Town.

Is the PA system a new addition?

The PA System has been at the club for as long as I can remember but it was never used but now it has been given a new lease of life and it's being used.
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koshi on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:54 pm

With the paltry attendances they get down at Scours Lane, some guy with a megaphone would have sufficed up to now...really don't know why they haven't used the PA system if they've had it all this time otherwise.

As for football tonight apart from the royals at the palace.... RT fans will be wanting Pegasus to put one over Shortwood in tonights game.

Koshi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top