We can but dream!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We can but dream!!

Post  BRAMLEY on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:02 pm

It was good to hear that Colin Millard was calling for more support for RTFC in the Reading Post.
Would be just amazing to create a following along the lines of Aldershot Town's in the future.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPQilPmYCdU
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Re: We can but dream!!

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:02 pm

BRAMLEY wrote:It was good to hear that Colin Millard was calling for more support for RTFC in the Reading Post.
Would be just amazing to create a following along the lines of Aldershot Town's in the future.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPQilPmYCdU

Yes that would be great to have a following along the lines of Aldershot, just picture hundrends of fans singing oh when the beans that would be superb.

I have always had an idea of going into Reading Town Centre (in my Pink Panther costume with the Reading Town kit on and handing out flyers about up and coming games.) It may not get anyone new attending the games but at least they know where the Town play. Or have a stall where it simply advertises the games and also sell's merchandise.
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Post  CraneGod on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:57 am

agreed, a great idea....anything that helps

Cannot attend at Scours that often, but when I have done, it has been good value (and more often than not, a Reading victory!).

Why doesn't the likes of BBC Berkshire/107fm etc feature match reports? As it stands, RTFC doesn't seem to exist.........never a mention - not even the scorelines.

CraneGod

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  BenOBagels on Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:26 am

CraneGod wrote:Why doesn't the likes of BBC Berkshire/107fm etc feature match reports? As it stands, RTFC doesn't seem to exist.........never a mention - not even the scorelines.

I'd guess they don't get told or find out the results. Other non-League clubs in the area such as Burnham, Maidenhead United and Bracknell Town I think (sometimes at least) have their results announced on BBC Berks, but then they're all in leagues where scores are easily available at full-time as well as live. As far as I know the Hellenic results don't get put up for a while after matches, possibly after coverage of football on BBC Berks have finished.
BenOBagels

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post  CraneGod on Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:38 am

I read today in the paper formally known as the Evening Post, that Reading Town (and all of its dignitaries past and present) are holding a big meeting to discuss how to boost the (much needed) attendances.

Surely the bare-arsed minimum is to get the local Radio stations involved...by keeping them informed of fixtures/scorelines etc?

Good luck Town

CraneGod

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top