Mr Webb doesn't think we will...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mr Webb doesn't think we will...

Post  Ass-man on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:01 am

sustain our league challenge.

From the Swindon Advertiser:
Dave Webb, Highworth Town manager, believes that those clubs who have started the season strongly on limited resources will find that the present adverse conditions will hamper their late-season progress. “If I was top of the league right now and still in three cup competitions but without a big squad or budget, I’d be worried,” he said. “At the moment Reading Town are top, but if they don’t have much depth then the chasing pack will catch them. Strangely you can be the victims of your own success during this period in the year when the weather gets this bad.”

We will just have to wait and see.
Ass-man

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Webb doesn't think we will...

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:28 am

Ass-man wrote:sustain our league challenge.

From the Swindon Advertiser:
Dave Webb, Highworth Town manager, believes that those clubs who have started the season strongly on limited resources will find that the present adverse conditions will hamper their late-season progress. “If I was top of the league right now and still in three cup competitions but without a big squad or budget, I’d be worried,” he said. “At the moment Reading Town are top, but if they don’t have much depth then the chasing pack will catch them. Strangely you can be the victims of your own success during this period in the year when the weather gets this bad.”

We will just have to wait and see.

A bit of strange thing to say by the Highworth manager as he should be concentrating on his team not others, maybe he is trying to deflect the situation from Highworth for whatever reason. He mentions budget/squad but it depends what you define as big?

Anyway I look forward to seeing some football again soon, I wish this snow would melt!!!
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top