08th Sep Tues Reading Town 3-1 Oxford City Nomads (Floodlit Cup)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

08th Sep Tues Reading Town 3-1 Oxford City Nomads (Floodlit Cup)

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:55 am

Reading Town play Oxford City Nomads in the Floodlit Cup this Tuesday night and I am looking forward to the game.

Please Note:If I don't come back from job interview in time to go home and get something to eat then I will be coming to the game straight from Town. This will mean I won't have my video camera on me. Though if my 2nd interveriw with Clas Ohlson doesn't take long then I will have my video camera on me.

PS: I will not be late for the game!!!!

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 08th Sep Tues Reading Town 3-1 Oxford City Nomads (Floodlit Cup)

Post  BRAMLEY on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:09 am

Such a hectic life for a student Combesy!!
I'll bring some extra chips in case you have to skip a meal LOL.
BRAMLEY

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:49 am

I will post my thoughts about that game tomorrow afternoon!!

PS: Like to say congratulations to BRAMLEY who assisted Aaron Parfitt's goal from a freek-kick by telling the wall to move left and right.

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:14 am

Reading Town started the first half really well with some early opportunties, which saw Aaron Parfitt have a shot on the right hand site and the keeper palmed it away to produce a save. Graham Lewis was also testing out the keeper fairly on which saw the keeper produce a fine save to prevent a goal. Oxford City Nomads hardley got out of their own half which saw more opporunties for the Town, one of which was balsted over the bar from close range and the other which just hit the top of the netting after a cheeky lob was attempted over the keeper. The Nomads probably had the best opportuntie of the game in the 35th minute when one of their players was one on one with Chris Grace but he blocked with his legs to keep the score at 0-0. Just seconds after Oxford City Nomads had their first real opportuntie, Reading Town went down the other end and scored to make it 1-0. James Clark was one on one with the keeper, it looked like he attempted a nut meg but the keeper saved with his legs, the ball rebounded back to Clark and he passed into the box which saw Graham Lewis shoot first time. The ball hit the back of the net to give the Reading boys a 1-0 lead.

The Reading boys doubled their lead in the 59th minute when Aaron Parfitt found a way through the wall. The Town then made it 3-0 in the 65th minutes when Graham Lewis picked his spot from close range. Oxford City did manage to get a goal near the end when a long range effort found the right hand bottom corner to make it 3-1.
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top