22nd Aug Sat Carterton 0-1 Reading Town

View previous topic View next topic Go down

22nd Aug Sat Carterton 0-1 Reading Town

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:02 am

I am trying to get a lift to this game so will let now nearer the time if I will be going. If I do go then I look forward to it as last season at Carteron the score was 4-3 which was a thrilling match to watch.

Please note. (The Football Ground is at the end of Swinbrook Road & Kilkenny Lane) Access is only able via Swinbrook Road as bolards have been placed at the joining of Swinbrook Road & Kilkenny Lane allowing only foot passage)

Carterton Football Club, Kilkenny Lane, Carterton, OX18 1DY. Tel 01993 842410

Last edited by RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: 22nd Aug Sat Carterton 0-1 Reading Town

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:20 pm

The Pitch was in excellent condition at Carterton, you could almost say it looked like carpet. I was also very impressed with their clubhouse 4 TV's showing the Ashes coverage and hot food available which was superb.

Now to the action the first half consisted of long balls and a lot of crosses which were to close to the keeper. This meant that the football wasn't that fluent and neither side could keep the ball for a long duration. Though saying that Reading Town did create the better of the chances witch saw their keeper make some fine saves to keep the score at 0-0. Down at the other end meanwhile Chris Grace was revelry ever tested. After the break Carterton made a made start which saw an effort go inches wide, much to the relief of the Reading Town fans behind the goal. Carterton had a few more chances which saw Chris Grace punch from a corner kick and also saving a whizzing shot. There were less long balls and crosses down the keeper’s throat, so that meant the ball was being played more on the deck which saw Reading Town carve out some chances but their keeper was equal to them which saw him produce some good saves. With 10 minutes to go some people might have thought that it's just one of those days where both sides have had chances but have some how not managed to score. Reading Town finally got a goal in the 80th minute courtesy of a Graham Lewis header and it was to be the winner with the Reading boys holding onto all three points.
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top