Funny Pre-match ritual

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Funny Pre-match ritual

Post  RTFC Barmy Army on Thu May 07, 2009 2:59 am

Very funny article Laughing I wonder if any of the Reading Town players have got any better pre-match routines than this one Question

Link: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06052009/58/league-winger-s-weekly-willy-wonka-watch.html

eurosport wrote:Huddersfield Town's Malvin Kamara has revealed that he indulges in a bizarre pre-match ritual of watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory before every game.

Even by the standards of sporting superstitions, the 25-year-old winger's insistence on dedicating over an hour-and-a-half to the 1971 children's classic, starring Gene Wilder, before matches is extraordinary.

The Sierra Leone international told The Sun that the lavish musical, in which a poverty-stricken young boy is taken on a life-changing trip around a magical sweet factory, "calms my nerves and gives me luck".

However, Kamara does not hold such similar affections for Tim Burton's 2005 remake starring Johnny Depp.

Kamara said: "The Depp one just offends me. I have to watch Wonka before every game. It gets me in the right mood.

"It's been my favourite film since I was little."

Since signing professional terms at MK Dons in 2003, Kamara has made 178 appearances for Cardiff, Port Vale and Grimsby Town as well as the Terriers, meaning he may have spent over 300 hours of his life watching the film.
RTFC Barmy Army
Admin

Number of posts : 660
Registration date : 2008-10-26

http://www.readingtownfc.tk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Funny Pre-match ritual

Post  brooksy14 on Fri May 22, 2009 4:40 am

there are a few in our dressing room - but i cant comment yet!!

brooksy

brooksy14

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top